Building forms with WordPress and Formzillion
WordPress is a widely-used content management system that simplifies website creation and management, offering a user-friendly interface and a vast ecosystem of plugins and themes.
This guide will demonstrate the quick process of adding a contact form to your WordPress project and connecting it to Formzillion for submission handling.
How to create a WordPress Contact Form
Step 1 — Create new form endpoint on Formzillion
Sign in to your Formzillion account and create a new form with name WordPress Contact Form or a similar identifier. Formzillion will assign a unique form ID specifically for identifying your WordPress form.
Step 2 — Create WordPress page for your Contact Form
Once you have completed the setup of your WordPress site, you will see below screen:
Follow the simple steps for adding an HTML form code on a WordPress page:
- Sign in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the "Pages" section, and click on "Add New" to create a new page.
- Select a Blank Page, Add a Custom HTML Section and setup your WordPress form.
- Add your contact form in your WordPress page.
Step 3 — Publishing Your Website and Testing the Form
- Publish your WordPress website to make the changes live. Ensure that all modifications, including the newly added contact form, are included in the published version.
- Visit the specific page on your website where the contact form is located.
- Kindly fill out the form with test data, submit the form to verify its proper functionality.
And there you have it! Once you fill out and submit the form, you will be able to view the default submission thank you page.
Congratulations! Your Wordpress site now has the contact form powered by Formzillion!